Submit a nomination by June 30, 2021!
In 2019, the AOF Emerging Leader Award was expanded to partner with State Affiliates in order to recognize outstanding new physicians in practice across the country. Each state osteopathic association has the opportunity to recognize an early career leader from their state by nominating an exceptional DO as their State Emerging Leader for 2021.
State Leader nominations received by May 9, 2021 will be considered for the James M. Lally, DO, National Emerging Leader Award.
The National recognition award, given in Dr. Lally’s name, serves to honor an outstanding osteopathic physician, between two to six years, whose leadership inspires others, whose noticeable accomplishments motivate those around them, and whose medical knowledge, combined with patient empathy enrich the lives of those they serve.
The Foundation is pleased to announce our migration to Survey Monkey Apply for all application and nomination processes. Please take a look at the User Guide to get started.
Helpful hints for nominations:
- All users are required to register with SurveyMonkey Apply.
- All users will complete an Eligibility screening consisting of an account user profile and award selection.
- This award requires nomination by a State Osteopathic Association representative. Please nominate your candidate as an Organizational account user.
- Following the Eligibility screening if your screen does not automatically advance to the next section, application/nomination form, then return to your account dashboard and refresh the "My Applications" page.
- All required documents must be uploaded directly by the Nominator.
The nominee shall be an osteopathic physician in practice between two to six years who is a current member of their state osteopathic association; NOTE: preference for the James M. Lally, DO, National Emerging Leader award may be given to active members of the AOA. The nominee shall display/meet the following characteristics and/or criteria:
- A practicing physician who is making a difference in health care and whose dedication has improved the lives of their patients
- Promotes osteopathic medicine and its philosophy
- Is a role model and a strong leader who continuously uses his or her skills to better the profession
- Has numerous noteworthy accomplishments demonstrating his or her role as a leader
- Displays the qualities of a top leader and has demonstrated this through service to the profession and the public
- Has made a positive impact through his or her contributions within osteopathic organizations, through teaching, administration, committee work, political actions, or through work with national associations.
- Is philanthropic; demonstrated contributions of time, talent or treasure.
- Completed Online Nomination Form – self-nominations are not accepted
- Nominee’s current CV or Resume
- High-Resolution Headshot / Photo (must meet jpeg standards)
- One (1) Letter of Recommendation from the Nominator
- One (1) Additional Letter of Recommendation
- Nominee’s AOA Membership Number
- Confirmation of Community Service (examples may be included in a recommendation letter; newspaper clippings encouraged)
- Confirmation of Health Policy Involvement (examples may be included in a recommendation letter)
The national winner will be recognized at the AOF’s Honors event. In addition, the winners will be recognized in various AOF publications, on the website, and through social media outlets.
View a list of past recipients.