Grants & Programs
The designation Educator of the Year is awarded to an individual who not only emulates the Osteopathic profession’s highest standards of excellence in teaching, but one who is passionate about Osteopathic medicine has made a significant impact on the academic advancement of Osteopathic students and has made long-standing contributions to the profession in the academic arena.
- Need not be a DO, but must be associated with and currently involved in Osteopathic education.
- Demonstrated positive, measurable impact on students
- Positive exchanges with peers, academic institutions, and the Osteopathic profession
- Notable contributions to the profession in the academic arena
- Demonstrates compassion in the role as an educator
- Exhibits leadership in the role as an educator
- Demonstrates commitment to Osteopathic medicine and the profession
- Exemplifies and encourages Osteopathic principles in teachings
- Scholarly publications or documented contributions