Grants & Programs
in honor of Sterling Welch, DO, for his outstanding generosity to the AOF and
his desire to support Osteopathic medical students and promote education, this
grant was established to provide monetary aid to Osteopathic medical students.
Each qualifying College/School of Osteopathic Medicine (COM/SOM) and branch
campus may nominate one student who is in significant financial need to receive
a $1,250 grant to offset the costs of attending Osteopathic medical school.
- OMS II or OMS III enrolled at a COCA-accredited College/School of Osteopathic Medicine (COM/SOM)* during the fall of 2022.
- Student has demonstrated significant financial need and exemplifies the following additional requirements:
- In good academic standing and has strong academic achievement
- Participates in volunteer and community service activities outside of school requirements; may include participation in academically related organizations or clinics while in Osteopathic medical school
- Strong and clearly noticeable affinity for Osteopathic medicine
NOTE: Previous Golden Ticket finalists are not eligible for this award.
Nominations will be accepted on a rolling basis beginning in August, with awardees announced at the end of each month, through December 2022.