Grants & Programs
Made possible through a bequest from Sterling Welch, DO, this scholarship affords one (1) OMS I, OMS II or OMS III student from each COM/SOM, branch campus, and location who has significant financial constraints, to receive an educational grant to help defray costs of Osteopathic medical school. The recipients will be selected based on their significant financial need (as identified by COMs/SOMs), as well as strong academic achievement, participation in volunteer service activities, and a strong commitment to Osteopathic medicine.
- OMS I, OMS II or OMS III enrolled at a COCA-accredited College/School of Osteopathic Medicine (COM/SOM)
- Student has demonstrated significant financial need and exemplifies the following additional requirements:
- In good academic standing and has strong academic achievement
- Participates in volunteer and community service activities outside of school requirements; may include participation in academically related organizations or clinics while in Osteopathic medical school
- Strong and clearly noticeable affinity for Osteopathic medicine
- Complimentary student membership in the AOA required.
- One (1) scholarship is awarded per calendar year, per COM/SOM, branch campus, and location.
- Previous Golden Ticket finalists are not eligible for this award.
Submit a Nomination
2022 saw a record number of Welch Scholars Grant recipients! Take a look.