Grants & Programs
AOF’s State Emerging Leader Awards recognize exemplary new physicians in practice from across the country who have consistently gone above and beyond. Each State Osteopathic Association has the opportunity to nominate an early-career leader. One physician will be selected per state in concert with the state association.
NOTE: From this outstanding pool of State Emerging Leaders, all names received by May 2022 will be reviewed for the prestigious James M. Lally, DO, National Emerging Leader Award. This latter award, given in Dr. Lally’s name, serves to honor a new physician in practice who achieves the highest possible level of distinction, whose leadership inspires others, whose noticeable accomplishments motivate those around them, and whose medical knowledge, combined with patient empathy enrich the lives of those they serve.
- Osteopathic physician between two to six years of practice
- Current member of their state Osteopathic Association
- Making a measurable difference in health care modalities, treatment, or policy
- Improving the lives of patients through direct patient-centered care
- Promotes Osteopathic medicine and its philosophy
- Serves as a role model and is a strong leader who uses skills to better the profession
- Noteworthy accomplishments in the field of medicine, health policy, or patient-centered care.
- Making a positive impact through contributions to Osteopathic organizations
- Demonstrated philanthropy – contributions of time, talent, or treasure.