Grants & Programs
The AOF Prairie State Scholarship was established in 2015 through a gift from the Illinois Osteopathic Educational Foundation to provide financial assistance to an Osteopathic medical student who graduated from an Illinois high school. One (1) annual educational scholarship award in the amount of $5,000 will be presented to one (1) Osteopathic medical student who exemplifies the ideals of the Osteopathic profession, is an exemplary student, and serves as an ambassador for the profession while completing their Osteopathic education.
- OMS II, OMS III, or OMS IV currently enrolled at a COCA-Accredited College/School of Osteopathic Medicine (COM/SOM) who graduated from an Illinois high school.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing and/or in the top 50% of their class.
- Has significantly dedicated time to volunteer work in their community
- Demonstrated commitment to their Osteopathic education and the profession
- Participates in extracurricular activities that promote Osteopathic medicine to the public
- Complimentary student membership in the AOA required to apply.
AOF Selects Dzananovic Bakir as 2022 Recipient of Prairie State Scholarship