Grants & Programs
The AOF Prairie State Scholarship was created through a collaborative partnership with the Illinois Osteopathic Medical Society to provide financial assistance to Osteopathic medical students who graduated from an Illinois high school. An annual scholarship in the amount of $5,000 will be awarded to one student who This student exemplifies the ideals of the Osteopathic profession and serves as an ambassador for the profession while completing their Osteopathic education.
- OMS II, OMS III, or OMS IV currently enrolled at a COCA-Accredited College/School of Osteopathic Medicine (COM/SOM) who graduated from an Illinois high school.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing and/or in the top 50% of their class.
- Proof of current membership in the Student Osteopathic Medical Association (SOMA)
- Has significantly dedicated time to volunteer work in their community
- Demonstrated commitment to their Osteopathic education and the profession
- Participates in extracurricular activities that promote Osteopathic medicine to the public