Grants & Programs
Golden Ticket Scholarships annually recognize and support exceptional Osteopathic medical students who carry a disproportionate financial burden due to events outside of their control. Golden Ticket Scholarships recognizes individuals who despite financial obstacles continue to achieve academic excellence, display calm and consistent leadership skills, make a commitment to giving back to their communities through volunteer outreach and embody Osteopathic tenants and philosophy.
Monetary scholarship awards are presented to three individuals each year and at various levels. One student will be selected by a review committee as the Golden Ticket Winner and awarded a $20,000 educational scholarship.
Two additional, exceptional students will be recognized as “finalists” based on aggregate scoring and awarded a $5,000 educational scholarship.
- Current OMS II, III or IV enrolled at a COCA-Accredited College/School of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Can express significant financial need affecting completion of education
- In the top 25% of class (or relevant scoring showing outstanding academic achievement)
- Active volunteer engagement (not tied to school requirements) activities
- Demonstrated leadership qualities among peers