Grants & Programs
The AOF Burnett Osteopathic Student Researcher was established by John H. Burnett, DO and Mary M. Burnett, DO to support an Osteopathic medical student for their dedication to Osteopathic-oriented research. A bi-annual award in the amount of $5,000 will be presented to one individual who has demonstrated a commitment to the science of Osteopathic principles and practice, an active interest in clinical or basic science research pertaining to Osteopathic medicine and manipulative treatment, and outstanding academic achievement and noteworthy accomplishments in research.
- OMS II, OMS III or OMS IV in good standing at a COCA-Accredited College/School of Osteopathic Medicine (COM/SOM)*
- Has conducted Osteopathic-oriented research while enrolled in a COCA-accredited COM/SOM
- All aspects of the research must have been conducted while enrolled in the COM/SOM
- Must be in good academic standing and/or in the top quartile of their class
* College/Schools of Osteopathic Medicine that have pre-accredited or fully accredited status.