AOF’s Rocovich Research Grant will be given annually to recognize an osteopathic medical student in good standing, resident, or physician who is advancing the profession by contributing to scholarly work through research and publication on the biomechanical, biomedical, or clinical aspects of osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT).
The $3,000 will be presented to one individual each year who has demonstrated their contribution to the science and knowledge of the biomechanical, biomedical, and clinical aspects of osteopathic manipulative treatment through research and publication.
The Foundation is pleased to announce our migration to Survey Monkey Apply for all application and nomination processes. Please take a look at the User Guide to get started.
- Nominated individuals must have:
- Contributed to the science and/or advancement of knowledge in neuro-musculoskeletal medicine, and/or osteopathic manipulative medicine through biomedical, biomechanical, and/or clinical research demonstrating the benefits of osteopathic manipulative treatment.
- The contribution must be demonstrated through both research and publication.
- Completed online application form
- Stage/Phase of Research
- Research Project Plan: The Applicant must propose a succinct project that clearly outlines the background, hypothesis(es), specific aims, and scientific approach that will be taken to address each specific aim. An impact statement should also be included that describes the importance of the research to the practice of osteopathic medicine.
- Title of Paper or Research Report
- Concept paper or published research
- Two letters of recommendation, including:
- Letter of Support from Lead Mentor (advisor): A signed Letter of Support must be submitted by the Lead Mentor, on institutional letterhead, describing their role in the research project, detailing their commitment to the applicant’s training, and their experience mentoring other students, residents, or junior faculty level researchers.
- Letter of Support of nominee’s choosing; however, a DO or PhD recommendation is strongly encouraged.
- Additional supporting documentation such as letters of support/collaboration and cited publications
Note: Medical students will be asked to verify academic status by providing a letter of good standing.
The recipient will be recognized at the 2021 AOF’s Honors event. In addition, the winner will be recognized in various AOF publications, on the website, and through social media outlets.