The Rossnick Humanitarian Grant provides funding for members of the osteopathic profession to travel to underserved, underdeveloped or disaster stricken areas to provide medical care to people who need it the most.
To qualify, recipient must:
- Be an osteopathic fellow, resident, or medical student currently enrolled in a COCA-accredited osteopathic medical school
- Be planning to travel to an underserved, underdeveloped or disaster-stricken area on a humanitarian outreach
- Be on a Mission trip that is intended for the purpose of providing medical direct medical relief and services, setting up health facilities, or educating health care workers so they can provide care to those in need.
- Be overseen by reputable institution/organization like their COM/SOM or DOCARE
- Be led, or accompanied, by an osteopathic physician
Grant funds must be used to cover the travel and lodging expenses of the individual participating on the humanitarian trip.