The American Osteopathic Foundation (AOF) is starting to launch its 2019 grants, scholarships, and awards cycle for the osteopathic community. As the philanthropic heart of the profession, the AOF is committed to providing grant, scholarship and recognition opportunities to osteopathic medical students, residents, and physicians that will support them through each stage of their career.
The AOF promotes osteopathic medicine and enhance patient-centered care through five focus areas:
- Academic Excellence: Inspiring the next generation of osteopathic physicians to continue their education and expand their academic achievements through distinct scholarship opportunities
- Innovative Research: Empowering current and future osteopathic physicians to open new doors of discovery and validate insights that will advance the practice of medicine
- Community Service: Supporting volunteer projects that improve the health and well-being of our local communities
- International Humanitarian Outreach: Encouraging osteopathic professionals to share the compassion and expertise of the profession around the world in medically under-served communities
- Industry Recognition: Celebrating the profession’s best and brightest through distinct awards that recognize each individual’s outstanding achievements which embody the tenants and philosophy of the osteopathic profession
Our merit-based awards deliver a larger impact through philanthropic partnerships with some of the profession’s most esteemed universities, specialty colleges, and osteopathic affiliates.
This year, we are delighted to announce AOF’s expansion of the Emerging Leader Award. Each osteopathic state affiliate has the opportunity to recognize one outstanding osteopathic physician with less than five years in practice, whose leadership, dedication and accomplishments enrich the profession. Each state-recognized emerging leader (submitted through a formal nomination process) will be recognized in a national publication, and they will be invited to vote for the 2019 National James M. Lally, DO, Emerging Leader. Learn more about the award here.
To find an opportunity that will support your osteopathic professional goals visit the AOF's Grants & Scholarships page to learn more. Share the news with friends and colleagues by forwarding this article or connecting with us on Facebook and Twitter.