The AOF James M. Lally, DO, Emerging Leader Award annually honors and recognizes a national osteopathic leader whose accomplishments and actions have been instrumental in motivating and inspiring others for the betterment of the osteopathic profession and public health.
New in 2019, the AOF is thrilled to partner with State Affiliates on the expansion of the Emerging Leader Award. Each State Affiliate is encouraged to submit the name of their 2019 Emerging Leader, defined as an outstanding Osteopathic Physician in practice less than five years. This individual will be recognized as the State Emerging Leader; followed by a national review to determine AOF’ s National James M. Lally, DO, Emerging Leader of the Year for 2019.
The nominee shall be an osteopathic physician in practice less than five years who is a current member of the AOA and his or her Specialty College. The nominee shall display/meet the following characteristics and/or criteria:
- Promotes osteopathic medicine and its philosophy
- Is a role model and a strong leader who continuously uses his or her skills to better the profession
- Has numerous noteworthy accomplishments demonstrating his or her role as a leader
- Displays the qualities of a top leader and has demonstrated this through service to the profession and the public
- Has made a positive impact through his or her contributions within osteopathic organizations, through teaching, administration, committee work, political actions, or through work with national associations.