Grants & Programs
Up to twenty (20) financial awards of up to $1,000 each will be given by the end of December 2022 to honor healthcare professionals including practicing DOs, residents, Osteopathic medical students, nurses, MDs, teachers, pharmacists, and office staff who proved invaluable during these trying and unprecedented times. Osteopathic Heroes have gone above and beyond to provide exceptional pandemic-related patient care and/or addressed COVID-19-related medical necessities within their communities. Nominated by peers, colleagues, or patients, Osteopathic Heroes will be recognized for the crucial role and vital care these individuals provided during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Eligible nominees include all healthcare workers; those affiliates with Osteopathic medicine preferred
- COVID-related, hands-on, patient-related, pandemic relief
- Patient-centered care will be prioritized
- Nominations for service to the community must include activities above and beyond classwork or job requirements
- The work or service for which the individual is being nominated must have occurred between the 2020-2022 calendar years
Nominations will be accepted on a rolling basis beginning in August, with awardees announced at the end of each month, through December 2022.