The Burnett Osteopathic Student Researcher Award recognizes an osteopathic medical student for his or her true dedication to osteopathic-oriented research.
Research is the window to the future of medicine. The quest to make new discoveries, advance knowledge, and test a theory is what drives researchers on their curiosity-fueled journey.
- Must be enrolled as a student at a COCA-accredited College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM) during the fall of 2020
- Must be in good academic standing and/or in the top quartile of their class
- An osteopathic medical student who has started or conducted osteopathic-oriented research while enrolled in a COCA-accredited COM
- All aspects of the research must have been conducted while enrolled in the COM
- Demonstrated commitment to the science of osteopathic principles and practice
- Active interest in clinical or basic science research pertaining to osteopathic medicine and manipulative treatment
- Outstanding academic achievement and noteworthy accomplishments in research
- A completed application form - self nominations accepted
- A concept or research paper - fifteen (15) page limit - Applicant’s name and title of the paper on each page; Supporting documents such as references, tables and figures are optional and will not be included in the fifteen page limit
- Official medical school academic transcript (unofficial transcripts accepted)
- Current Resume or CV (should include memberships, osteopathic or other)
- A letter from the Dean or his/her designee as an official document
- Two (2) letters of recommendation/support