AOF Prairie State Scholarship
Deadline: Now accepting submissions! Applications are due March 15, 2019
The AOF Prairie State Scholarship was established to provide financial assistance to an osteopathic medical student who graduated from an Illinois high school to help defer the cost of education. One recipient will be presented with a $4,000 scholarship. This student shall exemplify the ideals of the osteopathic profession, shall be an exemplary student and shall serve as an ambassador for the profession while completing their osteopathic education.
- An osteopathic medical student who graduated from an Illinois high school
- Must be an OMS II, OMS III, or OMS IV enrolled at a COCA-Accredited College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM) during the fall of 2019
- Must be in academic good standing and/or in the top quartile of their class
- Must be a member of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and the Student Osteopathic Medical Association (SOMA).
- Has significantly dedicated time to volunteer work in their community
- Demonstrated commitment to their osteopathic education and the profession
- Participates in extracurricular activities that promote osteopathic medicine to the public
- A completed online form - self nominations accepted
- A personal statement
- Official confirmation of graduation from Illinois High School
- Medical school academic transcript (official transcript preferred)
- Current Resume or CV (should include memberships, osteopathic or other)
- A letter from the Dean or his/her designee as an official document
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
Past recipients of this award are not eligible to re-apply.