Recognizing today's minority medical students as they work to become tomorrow's doctors.
Open to any minority osteopathic medical student who has successfully completed his/her first-year of studies prior to the fall of 2015 and will still be enrolled as an osteopathic medical student during the fall of 2015. All applicants must be in good academic standing at an AOA accredited college of osteopathic medicine.
Applicants shall meet the following criteria:
- Strong interest in osteopathic medicine, its philosophy and principles
- Excellent academic achievement
- Demonstrated leadership efforts in addressing the educational, societal, and health needs of minorities
- Demonstrated leadership efforts in addressing inequities in medical education and health care
- Noteworthy accomplishments, awards and honors, special projects, and extracurricular activities that demonstrate the applicants ability to be a leader
Scholarship Information and Announcement
One recipient will be presented with a $7,500 scholarship during the AOF's Honors Ceremony, held annually during the Osteopathic Medical Conference & Exposition (OMED).
The AOF will provide the award recipient with a travel grant to cover airfare and hotel accommodations (up to two nights stay) to attend the AOF Honors Ceremony.