Recognizing today's minority medical students as they work to become tomorrow's doctors.
Open to any minority osteopathic medical student who has successfully completed his/her first-year of studies prior to the fall of 2017 and will still be enrolled as an osteopathic medical student during the fall of 2017. All applicants must be in good academic standing at a COCA accredited college of osteopathic medicine.
Applicants shall meet the following criteria:
- Strong interest in osteopathic medicine, its philosophy and principles
- Excellent academic achievement
- Demonstrated leadership efforts in addressing the educational, societal, and health needs of minorities
- Demonstrated leadership efforts in addressing inequities in medical education and health care
- Noteworthy accomplishments, awards and honors, special projects, and extracurricular activities that demonstrate the applicants ability to be a leader