Effective leaders start as student leaders and as they continue to learn and grow, they too will make a difference and pay it forward.
The Karen J. Nichols, DO LEAD Scholar Award will be presented to an osteopathic medical student whose Leadership, Excellence, Achievement, and Dedication are proven in the classroom and community.
This award recognizes, honors, and encourages osteopathic medical students who show promise and exhibit the foundational leadership skills that will serve them and their communities now and in the future.
- Must be in good academic standing at an COCA-accredited college of osteopathic medicine
- Dedication to self, community and the osteopathic profession
- Demonstrated leadership and its impact within the classroom and community
- Noteworthy achievements, awards and honors, special projects and extracurricular activities
- Excellence within multiple disciplines: personal, academic and professional
- Must be a member of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- Completed Application Form
- Letter from the Dean or his/her designee as an official document certifying that the applicant is in good academic standing and confirm the students class ranking/academic standing or that they are in the top quartile of their class.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation/support
- Current Curriculum Vitae or Resume (should include memberships, osteopathic or other)
- Official medical school academic transcript (unofficial transcripts will not be accepted)