Students are the leaders of the future. Top leaders motivate and move people and organizations from where they are to where they need to be.
- Any osteopathic medical student in good standing at a COCA-accredited College of Osteopathic Medicine who is a rising OMS II, III, IV in the fall of 2018.
- A current member of the Student Osteopathic Medical Association (SOMA)
Nominees shall meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated commitment to the osteopathic profession
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated use of these skills
- Noteworthy accomplishments, awards and honors, special projects and extracurricular activities that demonstrate the nominees ability to be a leader
- Be an active member of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- One (1) Letter of recommendation from the nominator
- A personal statement from the nominee
- Two (2) additional letters of recommendation
- Nominee’s current resume or Curriculum Vitae (should include all current memberships, osteopathic or other)
- An official medical school academic transcript (unofficial transcripts will not be accepted)
- A letter from the Dean or his/her designee as an official document certifying that the nominee is in good academic standing and confirming the student’s class ranking/GPA or that they are in the top quartile of their class
- Proof of current SOMA membership