The purpose of the Prairie State Scholarship is to provide financial assistance to an osteopathic medical student who graduated from an Illinois high school, to help defer the cost of education. One recipient will be presented with a $4,000 scholarship. This student shall exemplify the ideals of the osteopathic profession, shall be an exemplary student and shall serve as an ambassador for the profession while completing their osteopathic education.
- An osteopathic medical student who graduated from an Illinois high school who is in the top 50% of their osteopathic medical school class.
- Must be in his/her II, III, or IV year of studies at a COCA- accredited college of osteopathic medicine during the fall of the year the scholarship is awarded.
- A member of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and the Student Osteopathic Medical Association (SOMA).
- Has significantly dedicated time to volunteer work in their community.
- Demonstrated commitment to their osteopathic education and the profession.
- Participates in extracurricular activities that promote osteopathic medicine to the public.
- A completed online form
- Attached current resume or CV
- An official medical school academic transcript (may be mailed separately)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A letter from the Dean or his/her designee as an official document
Must certify that the applicant is in good academic standing.
Must confirm the students class ranking/academic standing/GPA or that they are in the top quartile of their class.