Research is the window to the future of medicine. The quest to make new discoveries, advance knowledge, and test a theory is what drives researchers on their curiosity-fueled journey.
The Burnett Osteopathic Student Researcher Award recognizes an osteopathic medical student for his or her true dedication to osteopathic-oriented research.
The recipient of this $2,000 award will be an osteopathic medical student who has developed a concept paper or performed osteopathic-oriented research while enrolled in an COCA accredited college of osteopathic medicine.
- Every aspect of the research must have been performed while enrolled in the COM.
- All applicants must be enrolled as a student in good academic standing at an COCA accredited COM during the fall of the calendar year of this application.
- This application will be evaluated under appropriate research criteria. Please review Guidelines and Requirements for Writing a Research Paper. Applicants are encouraged to consult with faculty advisors.
- Demonstrated commitment to the science of osteopathic principles and practice
- Active interest in clinical or basic science research pertaining to osteopathic medicine and manipulative treatment
- Outstanding academic achievement and noteworthy accomplishments in research
- Completed application form
- A research paper of no more than fifteen (15) pages in length including the applicants name and title of the paper on each page (References, tables and figures may be included and will not be counted toward the 15-page limit)
- Supporting documentation such as references, tables and figures (optional)
- Applicant's current Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Official medical school academic transcript (unofficial transcripts will not be accepted)
- A letter from the Dean or his/her designee as an official document: certifying that the applicant is in good academic standing and confirming the students class ranking/academic standing or that they are in the top quartile of their class.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation/support from two references search